OroLogic Inc. ("OroLogic") has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy.
OroLogic, agrees to implement the appropriate measures to ensure the protection, confidentiality and security of the personal data of any data subject from whom such data are collected, in accordance with legal requirements and, in particular, European Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of personal data (“GDPR”).
OroLogic generally collects and uses personal information as follows:
Information you provide
In many cases, we collect personal information directly from you, such as your name, contact information, e-mail address and any information you provide us when you contact us through our calling center or through our Site, when you make an inquiry, visit or use our Site, subscribe to our services or online applications, interact with us through social media platforms, or when you sign up to receive our newsletters. We generally use such personal information for the following purposes:
- to process and answer your inquiries or to contact you in order to answer your questions and/or requests;
- to communicate information to you and to manage your registration and/or subscription to our services, newsletters or other communications;
- to manage our everyday business needs in connection with your subscription to our services;
- to authenticate the identity of individuals contacting OroLogic by telephone, electronic means or otherwise;
- to authenticate the identity of individuals accessing services offered by OroLogic by telephone, electronic means or otherwise;
- for internal training and quality assurance purposes;
Data that you enter into our online applications
When you use our online applications, we do not consult or share the data collected through the applications since it is your data and does not belong to us. This data is completely independent from the personal data that you provide, for example, when you subscribe to one of our services or online applications.
If you enter personal data about your clients, employees or any other individual into our online applications, it is your responsibility to manage it and comply with the regulations in force, when required. Our applications allow you to consult, modify or delete the data that you have entered.
All of the data that you enter into our applications is saved and stored according to the same security standards and regulations (GDPR) as the personal data that you provide when subscribing to our services.
The only cases where we may consult the data that you enter into our applications are when, for example, you contact us for technical support or to obtain a specific service regarding your data. In such cases, we may need to consult your data to be able to respond to your request.
However, to protect your data and maintain our servers, we must periodically make copies of the data or transfer your data on other servers, but this is done automatically by machines.
Cookies and Technical information
When you visit our site, for each visitor to the Site, our web server may automatically recognize and store information such as the visitor’s IP address/domain name combination, type of web browser, computer operating system, and any referring web sites. When you visit the Site, our server may send a "cookie" to your browser. Cookies are small amounts of data that our Site sends to your computer while you are visiting the Site. This information gets stored on your computer’s hard drive and among other things, it allows our Site to distinguish between visitors and analyze traffic patterns through the Site. This data is used to measure and improve the effectiveness of our Site or enhance the experience for our customers. We treat this information as personal information when it is associated with your account or contact information. We may also collect and use the following type of information when you visit and/or interact with us on our Site:
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics which allows us to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to, page views, source and time spent on our Site. This information is depersonalized and is displayed as numbers, meaning that it cannot be tracked back to individuals. You may opt-out of our use of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Consent may be withdrawn at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. You may also withdraw your consent as follows:
- Commercial Electronic Communications. You can always limit the communications that OroLogic sends to you. To opt-out of commercial emails, simply click the link labeled "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" at the bottom of any commercial electronic communication we send you. Please note that even if you opt-out of promotional communications, we may still need to contact you with important information about your account.
- Third party or affiliated service providers. We may hire service providers, which may be affiliates, to perform services on our behalf. This may include, without limitation, a person or an organization retained by OroLogic to perform work on its behalf, including for customer service and web-related services, and quality control assessment. We provide them with a limited amount of information which is necessary in order for them to provide the services required. They are prohibited from using the information for purposes other than to facilitate and carry out the services they have been engaged to provide.
- As permitted or required by law. Exceptionally, OroLogic may be compelled to disclose personal information in response to a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, valid demand, search warrant, government investigation or other legally valid request or inquiry. We may also disclose information to our accountants, auditors, agents and lawyers in connection with the enforcement or protection of our legal rights. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful or to law enforcement and emergency services providers, in an emergency or where required or permitted by law. We may release certain personal information when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such release is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of others and ourselves, in accordance with or as authorized by law.
- Business transaction. We may disclose personal information to a third party in connection with a sale or transfer of business or assets, an amalgamation, re-organization or financing of parts of our business. However, in the event the transaction is completed, your personal information will remain protected by applicable privacy laws. In the event the transaction is not completed, we will require the other party not to use or disclose your personal information in any manner whatsoever and to completely delete such information.
Only those employees of OroLogic or trusted third party contractors, who need access for business reasons, or whose duties reasonably so require, will be granted access to personal information about customers.
OroLogic provides information solutions for professionals, and our Services are generally not aimed at children. If, however, we collect and use information about children, we will comply with industry guidelines and applicable laws.
OroLogic will keep your personal data for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which they are collected and processed. OroLogic may, however, keep your personal data for a longer period whenever this a legal obligation for us or to take into account the applicable statute of limitation period to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers, and by using our Site, your information may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, especially Canada.
Indeed, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) allows transfer of data outside the European Union to a country, a territory or organisations that are providing an adequate level of personal data protection ("Adequacy decision " GDPR article 45) which includes Canada. We encourage you to visit the European Commission website at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en for an up-to-date list of the latest adequacy decisions.
You may request that your personal information be changed or deleted from our databases. In order to review the personal information that has been collected about you or make a request that we modify or delete your information, please contact OroLogic.
OroLogic institutes commercially reasonable systems security including firewalls to protect your personal information as it is transmitted to our Site and to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Physical measures, such as, locked filing cabinets and restricted access to offices. Organizational measures such as security clearances on a "need to know" basis and finally technological measures like the use of passwords and encryption. OroLogic also trains and brings awareness to its employees as to the importance of privacy, confidentiality and security of the personal information of our clients.
You should note that no Internet transmission is ever fully secure or error-free, which is why we make no warranties as to the security of any information that you submit electronically as this will be done at your own risk. More particularly, e-mail sent to or from this Site may not be secure, and you should therefore keep this in mind when deciding what information you provide us with through e-mail. Moreover, where you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this Site, it is solely your responsibility to safeguard them.
OroLogic makes no representations whatsoever about any other web site which you may access through this Site. In addition, a link to a website does not mean that OroLogic endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such website.
To contact the data controller (DC), the data protection officer (DPO) or for any questions regarding our privacy practices, please contact us via our website or by writing to the following address:OroLogic Inc.
Last update: October 23, 2018